[ub] A proposal to define signed overflow submitted?

From: Myria <myriachan_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 14:14:50 -0800
I don't know whether anyone saw this, but apparently, there is a
proposal to make signed integers use two's complement and to make
overflow well-defined as wrapping:

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2018/p0907r0.html

I don't know whether this person's proposal made it for the
Jacksonville mailing, though.

Removing ones'-complement and sign-magnitude representations is far
less controversial than defining signed overflow as wrapping.

I'm personally on the side of defining signed overflow as wrapping,
but compiler people do have a point that it would inhibit
optimizations in certain cases involving signed integers.

Melissa