Re: [ub] new revision of p0593

From: Hyman Rosen <hyman.rosen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 15:45:52 -0500
On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 2:52 PM, Richard Smith <richardsmith_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Please find attached a revised version of P0593 based on the excellent
> discussion and feedback at the Albuquerque meeting. Please let me know if
> you have any comments; I believe our plan was to discuss this again at
> Jacksonville, and all being well, to forward it to EWG at that meeting.

"Thus we retain the property (essential to modern scalar type-based alias
analysis) that loads of some scalar type can be considered to not alias
earlier
stores of unrelated scalar types."

In mathematics, when a chain of reasoning leads to a contradiction, a false
premise is found and abandoned. In religion, when a chain of reasoning
leads to a contradiction, volumes of apologetics are written.