Subject: [ub] Objectives and tasks for SG12
From: Niall Douglas (ndouglas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-30 10:09:26

> Three weeks ago, Bjarne sent a short note to the C++ standards reflector
linking
> to this paper:
>
> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/ub:apsys12.pdf

What a superb paper! One of the very few I have read in my life to have
taught me significant amounts of new stuff about something I thought I
already knew.

Interestingly, in all my own code to date I have always been super extra
careful to meet strict aliasing requirements, plus I write unit tests to
test for parameter validation because I usually get my parameter validation
wrong. I think that has been a large reason I have never been bitten by any
of those vanishing code cases so far.

Looking forward to this SG's discussion.

Niall

---
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of
BlackBerry Inc.

SG12 list run by herb.sutter at gmail.com