Re: [ub] ub Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 17:53:28 +0300
On 28 May 2013 17:27, Niall Douglas <ndouglas_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Good morning John! You may remember me from Rustique among others at C++
> Now.
>
> Are you the convenor for the undefined behavior study group?
>
> I wouldn't mind knowing what this SG is for exactly.

Grr, the reply-to for this list is not set to the list.

Gabriel Dos Reis is chairing this SG. From the original call for interest,
this SG is, as Herb suggested, as follows:
"It has been proposed that we should take a comprehensive run at
identifying and possibly resolving undefined and unspecified behavior in
the standard. This could begin anytime and would be not tied to a specific
ship vehicle (but would definitely not be for C++14)."

The goal is to list existing cases of undefined and unspecified behavior,
and potentially change those to
defined and specified behavior where possible.