Subject: Re: [isocpp-core] Feature-test macro for ADL calls with template arguments?
From: Ville Voutilainen (ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-08 15:35:35

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 23:30, Gabriel Dos Reis via SG10
<sg10_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> At the time, I think I would have thought one was not needed, but that could be wrong.
>

> Indeed, this sounds to be like an overkill application of feature test macros, but…

Well, this macro gives users with the use case I depicted some more choices:
1) use a work-around that is just.. ..ghastly
2) provide an ADL-only customization point if and only if it can be
written without ghastliness
3) just provide a customization point that is not ADL-only
4) do (1) or (3) if (2) is not available