Re: [SG10] Adding a macro to identify the ABI

From: Richard Smith <richard_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 19:54:11 -0800
I think it makes sense to have semi-standard macros for this, and while
these aren't standard features I think SD-6 could be an OK home for them.

Do you anticipate needing any way to detect abi variants (eg, ARM ABI is
itanium with tweaks)?

I think some kind of version could be useful for both macros, but that
could be added later.

On 6 Jan 2017 5:45 pm, "Saleem Abdulrasool" <compnerd_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a macro to identify the
underlying ABI that the C++ runtime is using? Although itanium is the more
popular choice, there are alternative ABIs such as the one which Microsoft
uses. I would propose something like the following:

__cpp_abi_itanium
__cpp_abi_microsoft

They would be defined to 1 based on which is being used. This would allow
the implementation to change the behavior based on the ABI being used.

Thanks!

--
Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org