Subject: Re: [SG10] P0036: fold expressions
From: Agustín Bergé (agustinberge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-03-11 13:30:21

On 3/11/2016 4:18 PM, Nelson, Clark wrote:
>> On 03/10/2016 02:30 AM, Agustín Bergé wrote:
>>> For P0036, "Unary Folds and Empty Parameter Packs", maybe bump
>>> `__cpp_fold_expressions`?
>>
>> No. If you want your code to be compatible for both C++14 and
>> C++17, simply write the (previously implicit) default yourself.
>> No need for an #ifdef.
>
> Agustin, do you still think a macro would be worthwhile for this?

I'm not certain. We have new wording, so I think the macro should be
bumped. But that doesn't mean I think people should be relying on the
original specification.

Perhaps the change is not considered significant enough to grant a bump?

Regards,

--
Agustín K-ballo Bergé
http://talesofcpp.fusionfenix.com