C++ Logo


Advanced search

[SG10] Minutes of 08-18 meeting

From: Nelson, Clark <clark.nelson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:56:24 +0000
The meeting was attended by:

Clark Nelson (chair)
John Spicer
Aaron Ballman
Walter Brown

The draft of SD-6 that was posted on 08-15 was reviewed. All of the name
proposals were approved, including the new proposal of
__cpp_lib_shared_timed_mutex. The consensus was to remove the
originally-proposed __cpp_lib_shared_mutex.

Aaron volunteered to provide introductory and rationale text for
__has_cpp_attribute. (Thank you, Aaron.)

It was proposed and agreed that the table of features removed from C++14
should be presented separately from the actual features of C++14.

Aaron's proposal to change the result of __has_cpp_attribute from a pure
Boolean to include version/date information was discussed and accepted. This
functionality is considered especially important for vendor-specific
attributes. For the sake of consistency, it was decided that the original
standard attributes should have year+month values specified in the C++11
feature table.

We discussed the approach used by the library groups to prevent interface
lock-in when a TS is eventually incorporated into the standard. There was no
SG10 consensus to make waves.

Pending action items:

Clark to check with Richard about rationale wording for __cpp_lib_is_final.

Clark to prepare and post a new draft of SD-6.

Clark Nelson            Vice chair, PL22.16 (ANSI C++ standard committee)
Intel Corporation       Chair, SG10 (C++ SG for feature-testing)
clark.nelson_at_[hidden]  Chair, CPLEX (C SG for parallel language extensions)

Received on 2014-08-19 19:06:27