Re: [SG10] Meeting

From: W Brown <webrown.cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 00:40:01 -0800
On Feb 11, 2014, at 9:11 PM, Nelson, Clark wrote:

> If we are going to meet face-to-face this week, I guess it will have to be on Thursday sometime.
>
> But I'm starting to wonder whether it would make as much sense to schedule a teleconference instead.
>
> Any suggestions or requests?

While I usually prefer face-to-face meetings, I vote in this case for a telecon, and further suggest we routinely schedule a telecon after each post-meeting mailing henceforth:

 1) I envision the primary agenda item of such a routine telecon to be the review of the papers and issues approved during the most recent meeting(s) with an eye toward their impact, if any, on our SD-6 document.

 2) A further near-term topic would be to make progress on fleshing out the SD-6 stub sections for pre-C++14 features as we have promised to do.

 3) I propose we also prepare for feature testing vis-a-vis the multitude of TSs in current or imminent flight.

Finally, I recommend that the SG10 membership request and authorize Clark to remind paper authors to propose names, where appropriate, for SG10's feature tests, and ask that he routinely do so each time he henceforth announces (or reminds of) a mailing deadline.

-- WEB