Re: [SG10] Access to source for SG-10 document?

From: Nelson, Clark <clark.nelson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 20:09:50 +0000
> I was wondering if it would be possible to have a github project
> for the SD-6 document from this group?

That's a very good question, which I have been planning to discuss in
Issaquah.

In a lot of ways, we're in uncharted territory. Most standing documents are
strictly administrative. This is the first one I know about that actually
has technical content. Because of that, there needs to be a process in place
to approve changes to it. So we don't want to make it *too* easy to modify.

On the other hand, I don't think we want to take a committee vote every time
we want to revise it. The membership of WG21 endorsed the approach, so as
long as we stay consistent with that, we should generally be OK. I don't
know, maybe changes should be approved by consensus of SG10 participants.

The fact that it's now hosted on isocpp.org is also relevant. From a
technological perspective, I don't know whether that helps us or hurts us.
It's basically a wiki with an approved list of editors, and every member of
the committee is expected to become an approved editor. (Of course there
will be other approved editors as well.) I don't know whether it also has
revision control features.

That is substantially what I have been thinking about the question. Thanks
for raising it on the reflector.

Clark