Re: [SG10] Draft: ready for the mid-term mailing?

From: Nelson, Clark <clark.nelson_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:52:02 +0000
> In the __has_include section:
>
> // To avoid problem with compilers not having this macro.
> #if defined(__has_include) && __has_include("myinclude.h")
>
> I believe this is quoted from the Clang manual, but it's bogus: if
> __has_include is not available, the preprocessor will reject the
> expression, because after substitution its controlling expression

There are many things about that description that are bogus. I have no
intention to try to fix all of them before the mailing. My reference to the
clang documentation was actually intended as a disclaimer.

My thought was to preserve as much of the original text as made sense, so
that it would be clear that we are really talking about what clang already
implements. My "adaptation" so far has consisted solely of deleting all
traces of __has_include_next.

I'll explain all this better in the document.

Clark