C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] [isocpp-parallel] Proposal: Trivial infinite loops are not Undefined Behavior

From: Robert Seacord <rcseacord_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 23:42:00 -0500
I'm not sure if someone has posted this example yet, but here is a fun
example that compiles in both C and C++ with different results:

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
    while (1)
        ;
}

void unreachable() {
    puts("Hello world!");
}

If you want to try it: https://godbolt.org/z/1d3hzseh4

In C, this code produces an infinite loop while in C++ it does the
following:

[image: image.png]