C++ Logo

liaison

[wg14/wg21 liaison] LWG issues to be moved in Issaquah for C++23

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 20:55:23 +0000
I would be very grateful if a WG14 expert could cast an eye over these two
issues which we hope to vote into C++23 on Saturday:

Deprecate <stdalign.h> and <stdalign.h> macros
https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3827

Sync intmax_t and uintmax_t with C2x
https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3828

Both issues intend to align C++23 with changes happening in C23, so that we
aren't scrambling to catch up when we eventually rebase our normative
reference from C17 to C2x.

The first one deprecates some macros that come from C, because if we expect
to remove them at some point in the future, we might as well let users know
that sooner rather than later.

The second one is a "cherry pick" of a C2x change which would benefit C++
immediately, and we can do it now instead of waiting until we rebase on C2x.