C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] Adding $,@ and ` to C++: P2558R1

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 16:57:27 -0400
Ah, yes, this is a difference between C and C++ terminology. In C++ the
basic character set is abstract, and the literal character set is also, and
merely extends the basic set by adding NULL, ALERT, BACKSPACE, and CARRIAGE
RETURN.

Our machinery differs just enough to be confusing for standards proposals,
while for most working programmers appearing to be the same.