C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] [isocpp-lib-ext] P2264/N2829 make assert() macro user friendly was adopted for C23

From: Peter Sommerlad (C++) <"Peter>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:56:09 +0100
I am just wondering what legwork I still have to do for C++.

With C, it seems my work is done, and I think with the reasoning given
today at WG14, implementors could even make it a bug fix for previous
language standards without much hassle (actually conforming to the
pre-existing specification in the case of no NDEBUG).

However, I am lost about what I have to do to get it into some future or
even previous C++ standard (as a bug fix)?

I have seen so many things falling between the cracks that I am honestly
curious and careful.

Regards
Peter.

--
Peter Sommerlad
Better Software: Consulting, Training, Reviews