C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] grammar cleanup

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 17:17:45 +0200
On 28/04/2021 10.36, Jens Gustedt via Liaison wrote:
> In any case, such a thing would be better done in sync with C++. C++
> still has "condition" there, which for the intersection with C
> translates to "expression".
>
> Any thoughts from WG21 on this?

I guess the C++ people in this group have at least as much difficulty
predicting what WG21 would say as the C people have regarding WG14.

It's probably best to have a paper and ask both WG14 and WG21's EWG
for an opinion.

As a personal opinion, I think the direction is good, but I'm slightly
uneasy that, increasingly, different contexts in which an expression
can appear have subtly different grammar rules.

Jens