C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] Scheduling the initial C and C++ Compat study group meeting

From: Aaron Ballman <compatibility.sg.chair_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 11:39:39 -0500
Thank you to everyone who filled out the Doodle poll for our first
meeting. The meeting will be on Tue Feb 9, 2021 at 1:00pm EST
(https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20210209T180000&p1=tz_pst&p2=tz_mst&p3=tz_cst&p4=tz_est&p5=1440&p6=tz_cet).

You can join the meeting at https://iso.zoom.us/j/5513145100. The
meeting will be password protected using the usual WG21 wiki password.
I am going to send out an email to WG14 regulars who filled out the
doodle poll with the password information, but if anyone isn't sure
what the password is, please email me privately and I'll be happy to
supply it.

We will be discussing the following papers:

P2274R0 (http://wg21.link/p2274r0) C and C++ Compatibility Study Group
P2264R0 (http://wg21.link/p2264r0) Make assert() macro user friendly
for C and C++

Please be sure to read both papers in advance of the meeting. I expect
the papers will take about a half hour each, including polling. The
meeting is light on papers this time so that we'll have some extra
time for introductions and discussion about how the group wants to
operate.

Thanks, and I look forward to our initial meeting!

~Aaron