C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] labels

From: Bjarne Stroustrup <bjarne_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 09:04:44 +0200
Sort of. The basic idea was simply to allow a declaration wherever a
statement was allowed. The reason for that was to allow users to declare
variables only when needed and where an meaningful initializer was
available. Any restrictions added were to address language-technical
technical problems. The reason was never primarily to do with grammar
details.