C++ Logo

liaison

Re: [wg14/wg21 liaison] Allow '.' to behave like '->' where it is currently an error

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 22:27:19 +0100
On 27/02/2020 15.40, J Decker via Liaison wrote:
> I could feature-request this for all known compilers, and that's what this is really an attempt at.
>

> this is the gist of it (more of a detailed explanation)
> https://gist.github.com/d3x0r/f496d0032476ed8b6f980f7ed31280da
>
> the TL;DR is really the title.

From a procedural standpoint, this mailing list probably does not
have the widest relevant audience for your proposal.

In any case, you should probably submit papers to the next WG14
and WG21 meetings arguing for your proposal. Also, be prepared
to either be present at the next meeting where it will be
discussed, or to find a stand-in.

For WG21, https://isocpp.org/std/submit-a-proposal should give you
more information.

Jens