Re: Memory Safety and Page Protected Memory

From: Tiago Freire <tmiguelf_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 08:03:35 +0000
I agree it doesn't have to be full proof in order to work.
And an answer could be all of the above.

Disconnected heap spaces
memory locks
memory scrubbers
safer designs to interact with sensitive data

they all do something, even if not perfect if at least can frustrate attacks to be statistically impractical for 50% of applications, we have still made things safer.

As long as it is understood that safer doesn't mean perfectly safe, I think we do have some points of actions that can be researched on and that can become reality.