Re: P3132 'property' keyword to replace RTTI property code generators

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 08:14:32 +0100
On 14/02/2024 21.16, Robin Rowe via SG14 wrote:
> Property access could also be a way for C++ code to support a DLL API
> without the macro import/export hack we use now.
>
> Thoughts on a 'property' keyword to replace above hacks?

Enumerating members of a class is the first use-case for reflection,
I think, and supported from day one:

https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2023/p2996r1.html

If we want to make all those RTTI enhancement tools obsolete,
we'd need to understand (in a paper) what they do and what's missing
after C++ reflection has been put to good use.

Thanks,
Jens