Two papers to look at

From: Patrice Roy <patricer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 07:04:16 -0500
Hi everyone!

As mentioned in a previous email, I cannot be present at the SG14 meeting
next Wednesday due to... giving a C++ class to SG14 people at the same time
:/

Still, following the efforts listed as «papers to come soon» in P2966 last
year, there will be two papers in the next WG21 mailing destined for Tokyo.
They are currently in «draft» status in the ISO papers system:

* P3132 Accept attributes with user-defined prefixes
* P3134 Attribute [[asserts_rvo]]

P3132 aims to make it easier to do tooling through user-defined attributes
and has a number of additional upsides.

P3134 aims to provide guarantees that a function's implementation can make
it possible for appropriately written calls to that function to lead to the
return value optimization

Please don't mind the formatting too much, I know it's perfectible. Both
are relatively short papers.

You will find copies (with P numbers, but they will only really be P papers
after the SG14 meeting) attached to this email. If you would be so kind as
to (a) take a look at them, and ideally (b) provide suggestions /
constructive criticism on this list or at the SG14 meeting this week, I
would integrate this feedback into the official papers. In particular, I
get the impression that the audience should be LEWG but I'd be open to
knowing what the groups thinks.

Thanks everyone!