Re: P2966R1 Making C++ Better for Game Developers

From: Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:42:19 -0400
On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 9:35 AM Patrice Roy via SG14 <sg14_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Thanks. The actual path to take will depend on the actual paper to come.
> Right now, what we have is a request for a «feature» in the list compiled
> by P2966, and until there is an actual paper written on that one

Patrice: Part of what Jonathan is saying is that the right approach to this
specific entry is *not* a WG21 paper; it's a vendor bug report. But only if
your vendor actually has that bug, and it sounds like nobody does. So
there's Nothing To Do on this entry.

But! PMR's wording *used to* contain dynamic_cast, until we removed it via
LWG3000 in March 2018. The P2966 entry was probably brought up sometime
before 2018, and should have been removed from P2966 as a result of
LWG3000's resolution.
https://cplusplus.github.io/LWG/issue3000

HTH,
Arthur