Re: [SG14] Support in LEWG regarding getting std::hive (nee colony) in C++23

From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 16:25:55 +0200
On Thu, 30 Sept 2021 at 02:08, Matthew Bentley <mattreecebentley_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Yes, I'd also be interested in more detail on that subject (being a
> musician and having dont some VST programming in my time).

To re-clarify: I never worked on VSTs (or any kind of audio processing,
officially) so I can't comment on these, but I can comment on
interpreting/processing musical scores and driving audio from these.

> On Thu, 30 Sept 2021 at 13:00, Ville Voutilainen <
> ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> I think it would be very helpful if you can be just a little more
>> specific, in describing what you'd use std::hive for, what the access
>> patterns
>> are, how it would be used in playback from a score. There are some
>> musicians in the committee, it might ring some bells for them
>> as a very plausible practical use case. We have a person in the
>> committee who has apparently written his own music score application,
>> so who knows, it might ring some serious bells.

I lack time to properly describe that right now, but I am considering
redacting (in the coming weeks) an explanation of the general pattern(s)
I'm seeing in the different domains that hive can help with and then point
to the specific cases I have seen.
Would that help?

Joël Lamotte