It probably is also related to https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2024/p2927r1.html (Inspecting exception_ptr / Observing exceptions stored in exception_ptr) by Gor Nishanov and Arthur O'Dwyer, which introduces try_cast.

https://github.com/cplusplus/papers/issues/1649

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-Proposals <std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org>
Gesendet: Fr 01.03.2024 13:18
Betreff: [std-proposals] std::typeid_except ( Paper Attached )
Anlage: typeid_except000.htm
An: std-proposals <std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org>;
CC: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas@gmail.com>;
We should have access to the 'type_info' of any object that is thrown,
even if it is caught inside a 'catch(...)' block. I first proposed
this 14 months ago on this mailing list, and there were 22 replies in
the original thread:

   https://lists.isocpp.org/std-proposals/2023/01/5400.php

Most replies were in favour of having this new feature in C++26.

I have written a paper in the format expected by the committee, with
the headings:
[ Introduction, Motivations, Impact on the standard, Impact on
existing code, Design considerations, Proposed wording, References ]

I intend for this paper to be allocated a Pxxxx number and for it to
be put forward to the committee for a vote. My paper is attached to
this email, and can also be accessed at:

   http://www.virjacode.com/papers/typeid_except.htm