On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 at 12:30, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Std-Proposals <std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
On 27/08/2021 13:09, DBJ via Std-Proposals wrote:
> Thanks, Lenard, I just find it generally peculiar nobody in this
> honorable forum seem genuinely perturbed
>
> This code <https://godbolt.org/z/84TK41c3P>
>
> is legal...? Perhaps there is something obvious escaping my cognitive
> abilities...

That code isn't legal, specifically

#define typename(T_) (#T_)

violates https://eel.is/c++draft/macro.names#2 as typename is a keyword.
https://eel.is/c++draft/tab:lex.key

Ignoring that (as the program seems to be unaffected by its removal), the program is ill-formed because basic_char_traits<void***> is not specialized (and cannot be specialized) and so does not meet the character traits requirements. http://eel.is/c++draft/string.view.template#general-1