On 8/3/21 11:07 PM, Emile Cormier via Std-Proposals wrote:
Sorry, but who do you expect to get involved in a C++ language extensions encumbered by patents? Does your "C++ Superset" allow a patent-free, open-source implementation?

Part of what I mentioned is patent pending but I can certainly loosen restrictions, but the Root Pointer headers will remain patented.

If you're looking for customers for a new commercial product, or employees/consultants to work on such a commercial product, I don't think this is the appropriate forum to advertise.

The title notably states that I am looking to start an an SCC / ISO IEC branch (which I am part of now) to build a framework allowing more robust functionalities such as what I previously mentioned.

That framework can be used to build runtime stack traces [with no limited POSIX signal handler], to integrate other memory managers and smart pointers or even garbage collectors on top of smart pointers like with Python; if you do not want Root Pointer.

I hope that I simply misunderstood you, and that you're not seriously asking for volunteers to get involved in patent-encumbered C++ language extensions.

Obviously following ISO standards is the way to go on the long term and to have robust support from other commercial compilers is desirable at the same time.

Again:

- 70% of cybersecurity problems are memory safety issues;

- memory management is the leading cause of security vulnerabilities in Google Chrome;

So 1 + 1 = 2. If we do not solve these problems then we'll have a huge national security issue with legacy code.

So this is my contribution to the community at the same time.

Regards,

--

Phil Bouchard
Founder & CTO

Fornux Logo

Cheers,
Emile Cormier

Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 19:13:40 -0400
From: Phil Bouchard <boost@fornux.com>
To: std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org
Subject: [std-proposals] SCC / ISO IEC - C++ Superset

Greetings,

I wanted to wait to announce that but since the subject is opened then
just know that I am planning to create an ISO / IEC JTC 1 framework on
top of C++ called C++ Superset (that can be integrated into the C++
later on). You won't have to worry about bad and inefficient memory
management anymore. All you'll have to do is to run the compiler on
existing C / C++ code and your app will be crash proof and free from
memory leaks.

That framework will offer the ability to add implicit variables,
parameters, compound statement instances, class members and global
singletons to existing C / C++ code and to overload raw pointers to the
user's convenience. The Root Pointer I wrote is patent pending but any
other important functionality can be added such as a runtime stack
trace, catching segmentation faults before they emit a SIGSEGV, buffer
overflows, double frees, ... the most important problems so far.

More than 10 years ago I was part of the Boost community and I wanted to
create my own language but they told me not to create yet another
language so I decided to create C++ Superset which makes sense because
existing libraries just have to be recompiled, not rewritten from scratch.

So I was hoping to create my own SCC / ISO mailing list before
announcing it but again since the subject was brought up already then
now you know. I would like to recruit interested people as well.

Regards,

--

*Phil Bouchard*
Founder & CTO