Do we even need to spell such permission out? The language doesn't mandate those calls at all, it just specifies how exceptions transfer control.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021, 19:52 Marcin Jaczewski via Std-Proposals <std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
czw., 29 kwi 2021 o 20:38 Edward Catmur via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org> napisaƂ(a):

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 at 19:13, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I may have been unclear. The logic is that the compiler sets the flag on the handler to request stacktrace unless it can prove that the catch block does not call anything that might require it.
>>

>> Unfortunately compilers do not optimize exceptions even in very trivial cases https://godbolt.org/z/TKEjTfs1o
>

> Well, absolutely - unless libgcc is compiled LTO and statically linked, there's no way for the compiler to know what __cxa_throw et al are going to do! Your LD_PRELOAD hooks the exception handling machinery to take a stacktrace and then rtld_next; someone else's LD_PRELOAD could do something else entirely.

Why not allow similar permission like for `memcpy` or `new`? This
could be only an opaque symbol for the compiler but As-If rule could
allow elide some calls to it.