That's terrific!! I apologize for failing to know this already!!

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 1:45 PM Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 21:34, Ryan Kelly via Std-Proposals
<std-proposals@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:

> Howdy all! I'm wishing to float a proposal idea.
>
> My idea is to allow the std::algorithm library to work over Iterable types (aka the std:: containers and beyond). It might be more reasonable to start with a subset of the algorithms library. Two basic examples to now demonstrate are std::reverse and std::max_element.

Already done, in std::ranges, in the friendly neighborhood C++20
coming to your nearest vending machine fairly soon.
See for example
http://eel.is/c++draft/alg.reverse
where the last overload of reverse takes a bidirectional_range.