Re: [std-proposals] Deliberate memory leak

From: Giuseppe D'Angelo <giuseppe.dangelo_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2024 14:34:22 +0200
On 14/10/2024 12:22, Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-Proposals wrote:

> But what if the allocation takes place inside a proprietary shared
> library? Here's a patch I wrote for libpango to clean up the output
> from valgrind:

Or you write a suppression file.

Or you contribute a feature to valgrind so that you can use some of its
APIs to mark memory that you're going to deliberately leak and the tool
doesn't complain about it (... if such an API doesn't exist already in
memcheck.h).

For the Nth time, please write *concrete* proposals, not wishlists.

Thank you,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo