Re: [std-proposals] Deliberate memory leak

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2024 16:43:39 +0100
On Saturday, October 12, 2024, Jeremy Rifkin wrote:

> How about using a preprocessor define to clean up the allocations properly
> when using memory tooling or even just in debug in general while letting it
> leak in release.

That's exactly what I'm saying "std::deliberate_leak" should do (see the
implementation in my original post). Or maybe it could do one of two things:
    A) Deallocate all leaks before death of process
    B) Somehow signal to debuggers that the leak is deliberate

I think in future my program will have 3 builds in future:

    a - Debug
    b - Release Without Leaks
    c - Release With Leaks

However if 'c' is only 120 milliseconds quicker to die than 'b', then I
won't bother with 'c', I'll just have 'a' and 'b'.