Re: [std-proposals] Revising #pragma once

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 23:24:20 +0100
On Tue, 27 Aug 2024, 17:47 Tiago Freire via Std-Proposals, <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I agree that pragma once should mean same file and not file with same bits.
>
> But I disagree on everything else.
> I used pragma once exclusively on all my libraries quite successfully,
> they are well organized and no such confusion could occur by design, "as a
> well orchestrated build should".
>
> If you are in a situation where this causes problems, either by having
> multiple copies of the same library or by using symbolic or hard links,
> and they all end up on the same include stack. Well... then don't do that
> then! Seems like a you problem.

More than once you've talked about problems caused by hard links and
symbolic links being user error. That makes me think your don't actually
understand the issues, because hard links and symbolic links are trivial to
deal with here. Those aren't the problems people are worried about.