Re: [std-proposals] Second draft of a __COUNTER__ proposal

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 07:39:48 -0700
On Tuesday 27 August 2024 07:15:27 GMT-7 Jeremy Rifkin via Std-Proposals
wrote:
> Thanks for elaborating, I see what you mean. I don’t know why __COUNTER__
> has become existing practice over an approach like this, other that
> __COUNTER__ working before C++14 and perhaps being more straightforward in
> some regards. A consteval counter is an interesting idea but I also don’t
> know how difficult that would be to add.

I also don't see the point of such a consteval counter. Some of its uses are
taken by the lambda trick and it does not cover all the cases that a
preprocessor token would.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Platform & System Engineering