Re: [std-proposals] C++ and Parallel Programming

From: Jens Maurer <jens.maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 09:53:58 +0200
On 10/08/2024 01.49, Phil Bouchard via Std-Proposals wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I developed lately some generic container classes that work pretty
> efficiently in a concurrent application. I also added created a
> thread-safe version of the shared_ptr, which is surprisingly not
> standardized yet given the multi-core direction all platforms are
> taking.

There's std::atomic<std::shared_ptr>.

> Meanwhile I was wondering if there is any interests to support the
> framework of true parallel programming (hypercubes, etc.), or basic
> OpenMP given memory is shared across multi-cores in general anyways?

Memory is not always shared, depending on your system architecture.

This is the framework for concurrency that just got into the
Working Draft:

https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2024/p2300r10.html

What are you looking for that wouldn't be covered by that framework?

Jens