Re: [std-proposals] Letter to the C++ community

From: organicoman <organicoman_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2024 03:09:25 +0400
You can't have progress without friction.That's wisdom.
Not every idea, is a good idea, no matter how well intentioned.Yes indeed, that's why it is called "idea", borrowed from "ideal". And everyone's ideal is different.Thank you Ben.
-------- Original Message --------On 02/08/2024 21:21, organicoman wrote:-------- Original message --------From: Ben Crowhurst <ben.crowhurst_at_[hidden]> Date: 8/3/24 2:48 AM (GMT+04:00) To: organicoman_at_[hidden], std-proposals_at_[hidden] Cc: "ben.crowhurst" <ben.crowhurst_at_[hidden]> Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Letter to the C++ community I personally understand the disappointment of plowing labour into a concept and it not bearing fruit; design silo is disaster.Exactly....That's why you should always lead the way, not pull from behind.
The response from the community is not a personal attack, it is one generally grounded in the reality of the constraints of the language.You've said it..."constraints"... most people disagree with them, that's why they come with new idea.
Leave your feelings at the door.
Rinse repeat, and try again.To achieve that, we need to agree to let people express themselves and not turning threads into interview rooms. I saw threads where people calling each others names !!We let them express themselves by asking questions related to their thoughts even if it doesn't make sense to us, but for them it does. So after the discussion finishes, if we don't have a great proposal, at least we will gain a better C++ coder.
-------- Original Message --------On 02/08/2024 14:21, Richard Hodges via Std-Proposals wrote:-------- Original message --------From: Ben Crowhurst via Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> Date: 8/2/24 10:42 PM (GMT+04:00) To: std-proposals_at_[hidden] Cc: Ben Crowhurst <ben.crowhurst_at_[hidden]> Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Letter to the C++ community Sent from my iPadOn 1 Aug 2024, at 13:13, Jonathan Wakely via Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:On Thu, 1 Aug 2024 at 11:35, organicoman via Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:Hello Gents, (gents is and abbreviation of gentiles, you can add any postfix to make it gender aware: men, women, alien)No, that's not what it means in English, but even if it did ... you're including women but excluding Jewish people?Why not just avoid the word "gents"?Oh God…Positivity is key attribute in a community. Please advocate for it. You could start by not using exclusionary language when it's already been pointed out once.Not this nonsense please. Leave it to the Rust mob to create imaginary social divisions through convoluted interpretation of common language.C++ is for solving engineering problems. If you want to create social problems, do it somewhere else.