Re: [std-proposals] Letter to the C++ community

From: organicoman <organicoman_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2024 15:25:47 +0400
Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]> Date: 8/1/24 3:13 PM (GMT+04:00) To: std-proposals_at_[hidden] Cc: organicoman <organicoman_at_[hidden]> Subject: Re: [std-proposals] Letter to the C++ community On Thu, 1 Aug 2024 at 11:35, organicoman via Std-Proposals <std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:Hello Gents, (gents is and abbreviation of gentiles, you can add any postfix to make it gender aware: men, women, alien)No, that's not what it means in English, but even if it did ... you're including women but excluding Jewish people?Why not just avoid the word "gents"?Wow... i meant gentle.I thought it has the same meaning as the French word, : kind and nice.You've just thaught me something new.Thank you very much.Positivity is key attribute in a community. Please advocate for it. You could start by not using exclusionary language when it's already been pointed out once.