Re: [std-proposals] Function overload set type information loss

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 12:08:54 +0100
On Thu, 1 Aug 2024 at 12:00, organicoman via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Sent from my Galaxy
>

> czw., 1 sie 2024 o 12:39 organicoman <organicoman_at_[hidden]> napisaƂ(a):
> >
> > Please watch some of Leslie Lamport's videos.
> > He is a Turing award holder.
> > He explains exactly the opposite of what you say.
> >

> What video? and how opposite? And opposite to what statement?
> You do not address any of my concerns, only again avoid hard questions.
> If I am wrong you should be able to quote me and exactly show where I am
> wrong.
>
> That's true and fair.
>
> So allow me answering it.
>
> In your analogy, about not approaching operations table unless someone
> checks you are qualified.
> Given that logic, who checked the first surgeon in the world? And against
> what?

The first surgeon didn't do a heart transplant.
And the first heart transplant wasn't done by a novice surgeon.

So whether Marcin's analogy really makes sense here or not, your response
doesn't answer it very well.

But that's the last reply I intend to send in this thread. It doesn't seem
to be very productive.