Re: [std-proposals] Extend std::type_info with more information

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:04:26 -0700
On Thursday 11 April 2024 11:10:01 GMT-7 Phil Endecott via Std-Proposals
wrote:
> If I want to support selecting
> strings, do I have to define my own SelectableString that inherits
> from Selectable and string, just to do this your way?

Yes. Strings don't show up on UIs; labels and text elements do. A string is a
sequence of characters; a label or a text element is an item on screen, drawn
in a certain way, using a certain font, at a certain position.

   Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Cloud Engineering