Re: [std-proposals] Extend std::type_info with more information

From: Tiago Freire <tmiguelf_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:26:19 +0000
> If the OP drops the proposal to change `type_info` and prepares a proposal for changes to `any` instead, would your objections be addressed? Maybe that's the feedback to give?

If the OP drops ‘type_info’ and changes to ‘any’, then we will be discussing the merits of that concrete proposal.
I don’t think that the proposed changes to std::any is all that unreasonable, at least there’s some principled rational behind it.

But my main feedback is that the “why” should come first, not the “how”.
The “how” might be an important detail in terms of answering the question “is it actually feasible to do this”, but it is not the first step.
Why > What > How

But you must have a problem to solve before coming up with the “what” as a solution. But the OP has been failing at this basic exercise with every single post. He always starts with the “how”, and then goes in search of a problem.
This always leads nowhere.