Re: [std-proposals] String Slicing Draft Proposal

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 07:59:29 +0000
On Thu, 14 Mar 2024, 07:50 Rhidian De Wit via Std-Proposals, <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With some helpful suggestions, I'd like to present my draft proposal for
> the inclusion of several new utility functions to be added to
> *std::basic_string*.
>
> Please reach out if you have any questions, concerns or feedback!

Your example implementations for both slice functions have undefined
behaviour of the start is out of range. Is that intentional? It's not
possible to tell because your technical specification doesn't really follow
the form of standard specifications.