Re: [std-proposals] constexpr support in std::filesystem API

From: Andrei Grosu <andrei_dg_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:10:27 +0200
I didn’t backtrack, I just said that the feature is not related to my specific use case. I came up with this in that specific context, but it is not relevant to it.

I’ll try to write a comprehensive example but I’d rather not make this about my particular problem, but about a constexpr std::filesystem api. For it to be something useful beyond my specific use case which people might or might not agree, I’ll have to provide other use cases.

I understand and appreciate all the valid concerns, I agree that , in general, it would create problems, thus it could be a opt-in feature of the language ( like many others) for projects and environemnts where those concerns are not valid.