Re: [std-proposals] std::typeid_except ( Paper Attached )

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 07:46:00 +0000
On Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 10:21 PM Frederick Virchanza Gotham wrote:

> I know I said I wanted to keep this paper as simple as possible, but
> I'm thinking it might make sense to squeeze in another function that
> does something very similar:
>
> void *exception_object() noexcept;
> void *exception_object(exception_ptr const &p) noexcept;
>
> This function gives you the address of the actual exception object.

I have added "exception_object()" to the paper:

      http://www.virjacode.com/papers/exception_information.htm

and it's also attached to this email. I mention that it should return
the address of the unsigned int for an SEH exception, and that it
should return nullptr in the case of a forced unwinding.

What do you reckon, should I ask for "exception_object" alongside
"exception_typeid"? It makes sense to me to have the both of them
together. I mean if you're bothered with the type_info inside a
catch(...) block then you're probably gonna wanna do something with
the exception object itself.