Re: [std-proposals] std::typeid_except ( Paper Attached )

From: Frederick Virchanza Gotham <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 23:49:21 +0000
On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 7:11 PM Tom Honermann wrote:

> Did you happen to explore what happens with current_exception() for the
> pthread cancellation case that Thiago noted? I would be curious to know
> what happens there too.

I did some testing using pthreads on x86_64 Linux, and I've made the
following changes to the paper:

    * A new heading called 'Forced unwinding' under 'Design considerations'
    * I beefed out the bit about SEH exceptions, giving an example
using _set_se_translator
    * There are now two forms of the function 'typeid_except', one
with 0 parameters, and one with 1 parameter. See the paragraph at the
end of 'Forced unwinding' as to why this is necessary.

You can see the latest paper here:

    http://www.virjacode.com/papers/typeid_except.htm

And also it's attached to this email.