Re: [std-proposals] Proposal for Uniform Forward And Move

From: Barry Revzin <barry.revzin_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 08:12:42 -0500
On Wed, Jun 21, 2023, 11:24 AM Михаил Найденов via Std-Proposals <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am resurrecting another old (2018) proposal of mine, I never submitted.
>
> Proposed is to have a postscript operator &&, which either moves or
> forwards.
>
> Thank You

Language note: postfix operator, not postscript operator. Postscript is
like a footnote/endnote.

For the proposal, the symmetry with && is definitely nice.

But it has two unfortunate interactions with logical AND. One you pointed
out:

a&&(b)

Another is:

Those two expressions do very different things - the first would forward
all the arguments, the second folds over logical AND and is passing a bool.
This isn't an ambiguous parse, but it's still a bit problematic from the
human comprehension perspective.

Barry