Re: [std-proposals] Mutable Proposal: New Format Conversion Specifiers for Clocks

From: Barry Revzin <barry.revzin_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 21:43:39 -0500
A few questions:

Why is it called "Mutable Proposal"?
Why dedicated specifiers %K, %k, %L instead of something like %3S, %6S, and
%9S, respectively? I think those are available, and certainly much easier
to remember. Also opens up the door for the equivalent %3T, %6T, and %9T.

Also, please add, at the top, examples of what these new specifiers do,
especially in contrast to existing specifiers. There aren't any examples
right now, and I had to skip to the wording to understand the proposal. I
think it's also worth adding to your table on page 3 what a few other
languages do in this space (notably Python and Rust).

The table of used specifiers was quite helpful, even though I find your use
of A, B, C, D to describe your added specifiers (which are all letters, but
not those letters, but the letters you are using to represent the letters
you're adding are all themselves valid specifiers) a little confusing.

Barry