Re: [std-proposals] Why [expr.ref] says that E1->E2 is converted to (*(E1)).E2

From: Sean Mayard <seanmayard_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 20:12:10 +0530

> Look at the previous sentence.

Okay, so the previous sentence says "For the first option (dot) the first
expression shall be a glvalue.
<https://timsong-cpp.github.io/cppwp/n4868/expr.ref#2.sentence-1> For the
second option (arrow) the first expression shall be a prvalue having *pointer
type*. <https://timsong-cpp.github.io/cppwp/n4868/expr.ref#2.sentence-2> "
By pointer type they mean built-in pointer type and not smart pointer type.