Re: [std-proposals] Allow comma at the end of a list of objects in a declaration or definition

From: Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 08:17:33 +0100
On Sun, 7 May 2023, 18:28 Frederick Virchanza Gotham via Std-Proposals, <
std-proposals_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sun, May 7, 2023 at 6:27 PM Frederick Virchanza Gotham
> <cauldwell.thomas_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, May 7, 2023 at 6:19 PM Ville Voutilainen
> > <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Understood. All of your proposals are hereby summarily rejected with
> > > prejudice until they are delivered in an actual proposal document with
> > > rationale.
>

> So if I get down on one knee to propose to the love of my life, must
> there be a proposal document with rationale?

This is a ridiculous response. Words have meaning in context. This mailing
list is not for marriage proposals, it's for discussing proposals to the
C++ standard committee, which are in the form of written documents. This
mailing list is not for random ideas you've farted out and decided to waste
everybody's time with again. You've been asked to stop wasting everybody's
time before (and you came out with an equally silly response about the
wasted time not mattering because people read them concurrently, which is
nonsense).

Please stop throwing every idea that occurs to you at this list. Discuss
them with other developers first, come up with convincing rationale and
write a proper proposal BEFORE spraying all your ideas at this list.