Re: [std-proposals] [Draft Proposal] Required attribute syntax

From: Lauri Vasama <wg21_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 15:27:30 +0300
That's right. My intention is not at all to try to force Microsoft's hand. Their hesitation to implement [[no_unique_address]] serves to demonstrate the problem with the ignorability of attributes, though of course there is no problem if attributes never affect program behaviour, but that particular cat is now out of the bag. I can't speak for Microsoft of course, but i believe they would not have the same objection to implementing no_unique_address if its use was ill formed in compiler versions or language modes where it is not supported.

As for __has_cpp_attribute, that is a good question. Requiring it to return 1 iff the required form of the attribute in question would be accepted seems in line with my draft proposal as written.