Re: [std-proposals] [Draft Proposal] Required attribute syntax

From: Lauri Vasama <wg21_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2023 13:22:33 +0300
The fact is that there are programs which behaviours depend on whether the implementation chooses to ignore this particular attribute or not. Perhaps that is fine, but perhaps not. As noted in the draft proposal, Microsoft has also been unwilling to implement [[no_unique_address]] in its ignorable form because it would cause an insidious ABI incompatibility depending on the language standard in use.

Thank you for the information regarding the usage of italics. I'll be sure to keep that in mind in the future. Certainly the wording here is demonstrative at best.