Re: [std-proposals] Slow bulky integer types (128-bit)

From: Timur Doumler <cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 14:47:33 +0300
> On 29 Mar 2023, at 12:48, Jonathan Wakely <cxx_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 at 10:16, Timur Doumler <cpp_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Johathan,
>
> Do I understand it correctly that the primary motivation for this change in C23 and C++23 was that changing uintmax_t would be an ABI break, which is deemed unacceptable for the major compiler vendors?
>
> Please stop framing opposition to ABI breaks to sound like a plot by evil vendors.

Wait, what? Where in my email above did I do any of that? I asked about what the motivation was for the change in C23 and C++23, and whether that is an issue for compiler vendors. Where did I frame anything as a "plot" and where did I say that vendors are "evil"?

I have literally no horse in this race, I was just trying to understand the motivation, I honestly didn't expect to be met with such aggression.

Timur